Bernoulli Spiral Clamps

Bernoulli Spiral Shell Clamps. Inspired by the great Jacob Bernoulli . Low profile clamps for your bench. Your bench will never be the same.  Get the Plans!

Last weekend I finally had some time to build an idea that has been floating around in my head.  It’s a clamp that was inspired by a Bernoulli spiral.  This will allow you to clamp work to your bench for planing and card scraping with ease.  It worked much better then expected.   See the video.

9 Responses to “Bernoulli Spiral Clamps”

1. Martin Cruz says:

This is really nice and useful, Need a pair…thanks for share your videos with all of us, the apprentice and newbies.

2. Roger says:

Looks like genius! I wish I had a bench so I could try it. Someday I will.

3. Frank says:

Great little clamp. Do you have a drawing you can put up of the pattern?

4. Deb says:

Very nice adaptation and implementation. Thanks for sharing so generously! Love your blog and podcast!

5. DozersWorkshop says:

Sell the idea to Rockler…they seem to love producing and marketing these kind of helpful timesavers…

6. Devin says:

I’ve used the same type clamps in metalworking for years. These style clamps have incredible force, yet are small enough to let you work. Very nice.

7. Dave Bell says:

Any chance of adding a text-based description?
    I’d love to see this, but the video is blocked at work(bandwidth nannies), and honestly, I prefer text to video documentaries.
    That would also make it more accessible to visually impaired readers…

8. 72hw says:

Great clamp – gonna do this myself, but isn’t this the Fibonacci Spiral? I am NOT a math guy, but it seems to me there is a difference between the two somewhere. Either way great clamp!

9. garagewoodworks says:

@72hw It’s a Golden Spiral which IS a Bernoulli spiral.